A Rwandan cultural troupe on Tuesday, 07th/August/2018 paid a surprise visit to Arsenal Football club’s training ground, London Colney—in Hertfordshire. The cultural troupe performed the Intore dance to a cheerful group of players and the coaching staff.
All the Arsenal stars were very surprised in their training on this day, only to hear drummers before joining the dancers in jubilation.
Arsenal FC said in a tweet that “It was just a normal day at training…and then this happened. Thanks for coming to see us, @visitrwanda_now.”
Visit Rwanda said in a tweet that; “On Tuesday we surprised @Arsenal at training with a band of traditional drummers and dancers to celebrate the launch of the partnership and give the players a taste of Rwanda,”
From one of the videos that circulated on social media platform, one of the Intore dancers said that “We are here to surprise the Arsenal team with the performance of Intore dance from Rwanda.” He further added that Intore dance symbolises pride and the chant is the call for victory.
He also explained the meaning of Intore, in his words he said that, “Intore literally means the Chosen best of the best”.
Planning for a Rwandan safari, check the itineraries below;
- 6 Days Gorillas and wildlife safari
- 5 Days Gorilla trekking with chimpanzee tracking
- 3 Days Akagera wildlife safari
- 3 Days Nyungwe Forest tour with chimpanzee tracking and canopy walk
- 3 Days Gorilla tracking in the Volcanoes national park
- 2 Days Nyungwe forest tour
- 2 Days gorilla tracking safari
- 2 Days golden monkey tracking tour
- 2 Days Akagera national park safari
- 1 Day Kigali City tour